®
72 Hour Proposal Turn Around

The Plaza

 

The Professional Plaza Tower, also known as the 'Hammer and Nail' building due to its two iconic illuminated signs (now removed), is a high-rise building located at 3800 Woodward Avenue in Midtown Detroit, Michigan. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016. The Professional Plaza Tower was built as part of the ambitious Detroit Medical Center urban renewal plan carried out in the 1960s. The project, which envisioned a peripheral ring of residential and commercial buildings, including three neighboring twelve-story towers, surrounding the central hospital complex, was never fully realized; however the Professional Plaza Tower, constructed between 1964 and 1966 to house the offices of physicians, surgeons, and dentists, succeeded in bringing medical professionals back into the city, and rapidly established itself as an anchor to the Medical Center.
 
This project was a special historic restoration with over-site from the NPS. Our work consisted of all types of sealant replacement, precast concrete repairs, steel restoration and exterior coatings. One of the main challenges on this project was the sheer amount of sealant related material that was used over the years to fix leaks in what was one of the first curtain wall systems to be installed in the state of Michigan. After trying several methods to achieve a clean surface, we ending up using wire wheels on a six inch grinder. Each approach and method had to be arranged as a mock-up, with the Architect’s review on each and every step. Upon approval, we removed and replaced all sealants on the precast and curtain walls and coated the substrates. While we were performing the work, we noticed that the precast had moved over the years and was the reason why these spalls had occurred. The original anchoring detail was not adequate and was only going to cause this problem to recur. The major challenge with designing a proper long-term repair was to maintain the historic look of this building. The repairs were completed from the inside using threaded rods anchored to a steel plate through the panels, welded to the structural steel. With the collaboration of RAM Construction Services, the Construction Manager and Owner, we achieved our goals and the project was a success.

RAM Construction Services, Inc. recently rescued 12 damsels in distress from the top of a 13-story building along downtown Detroit’s Washington Boulevard. The “damsels” are actually terra-cotta sculptures of female figures called caryatids. The graceful arc of their terra-cotta arms had been architecturally supporting the cornice of the Book Building for just under a hundred years.
Newsome Tower, the old City Savings Bank and Trust Company building located in Alliance, Ohio.
A fatigued portion of the south elevation of the Midland Building fac;ade adjacent to the Lebron James mural In downtown Cleveland was recently secured with engineered safety netting.
Like many structures in the City of Detroit, the Grinnell & Sanders buildings sat vacant along Woodward Avenue for decades. The Grinnell building was originally built in 1908; the six-story terracotta building was designed by Albert Kahn and held the Grinnell Brothers music store until 1981.
In 1959 under the guidance of the Rev. Richard w. Alber the Congregation of Trinity Lutheran Church broke ground on the new suburban campus,
Niles Railroad Depot is a train station located at 598 Dey St. in Niles, Michigan. The depot is served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system of the United States.
The Degage Ministries Building is located at 144 S. Division and was constructed in 1928 originally as The Moose Lodge. It was listed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1982 as part of the Heartside Historic District.
The Detroit Masonic Temple is the world's largest Masonic Temple. Located in the Cass Corridor of Detroit, Michigan, at 500 Temple Street, the building serves as a home to various masonic organizations including the York Rite Sovereign College of North America.
RAM Construction Services was awarded the opportunity to partner with Sachse Construction and McIntosh Poris to assist with the restoration of the former Detroit Fire Department headquarters located on the northeast corner of Washing Boulevard and West Larned Street that was built in 1929.
The Book Tower is arguably one of the most prominent structures in the Detroit skyline. Designed by Louis Kamper, the Book Tower construction was completed in 1926.
After sitting vacant for nearly a decade, RAM Construction has partnered with Christman to begin the vast restoration of the gorgeously ornate Old Wayne County Building.
The Berdan Building in Toledo, OH was originally constructed in 1901-1902 for the Berdan company, which at its’ peak, was the largest wholesale grocer between New York and Chicago. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
The Towers complex located on the southeast end of Central Michigan University’s’ campus consists of two nine-story and two seven-story buildings, which houses more than 2000 students. It was designed by Roger Allen and Associates of Grand Rapids, who built most of Central Michigan University's buildings.
The Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) is located in the Midtown neighborhood of Detroit, Michigan.  Built in 1927, the DIA is one of the premier art museums in the United States and houses more than 60,000 famous works of art.  Pieces range from Vincent van Gogh’s self-portrait to murals depicting Detroit industry by Diego Rivera
Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies. RAM Construction Services was contracted to remove and replace nearly 25,000 lineal feet of sealant on the exterior panels, 21,000 square feet of façade cleaning, and special protection over the anodized aluminum at the windows.
This new facility includes a six-story, 164-room hotel with stunning views of the Ohio River. It is located above a two-story, 1,100-seat multi-purpose performance space with other typical supporting amenities located in an event space and hotel setting.
Located in downtown Grand Rapids, The Morton House was once a hub for visitors to the area when it was erected in 1896. The multi-storied hotel at the corner of Monroe and Ionia had street level shops showcasing some of the country’s finest imports of the late nineteenth century.
Contact Us
We're here to help.

Founded in 1918: RAM Construction Services is the
oldest and most experienced waterproofing and
restoration contractor in the United States.

Michigan
Livonia (Corporate):
13800 Eckles Road
Livonia, Michigan 48150
Phone: 734-464-3800
Fax: 734-464-1766
Grand Rapids:
4592 40th Street SE
Kentwood, Michigan 49512
Phone: 616-957-3679
Fax: 616-957-7778
Detroit:
719 Griswold St, Suite 250
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: 313-965-6750
Fax: 313-965-6743
Ohio
Cincinnati:
4710 Ashley Drive
West Chester, Ohio 45011
Phone: 513-297-1857
Fax: 513-671-0931
Cleveland:
100 Corporation Center Bldg #4
Broadview Hts., Ohio 44147
Phone: 440-740-0100
Fax: 440-740-0901
Minnesota
9937 Goodhue Street NE
Blaine, Minnesota 55449
Phone: 763-792-6713
Fax: 763-792-6601