The Degage Ministries Building is located at 144 S. Division and was constructed in 1928 originally as The Moose Lodge. It was listed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1982 as part of the Heartside Historic District. The building was purchased by Dégagé Ministries in 1992 and was transformed into its current use. It houses commercial use on the ground floor, a women’s shelter on the second floor, and its third floor incorporates high ceilings for the offices and main meeting areas of the facility. It has ornate terra cotta on the façade, including moose heads and other decorations indicating its original use..
The restoration of the Dégagé Ministries Building had presented many challenges as the facility helps 400-500 people a day.Once the restoration had begun, it was found that the amount of damage to the terra cotta units was far worse than anyone had anticipated. The scope of work also included hand carve patches and re-glazing of the salvageable units. With such a strict budget, it was decided to use a cost savings alternative called FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) in lieu of real terra cotta. Using alternative products and methods, this allowed the Owner to afford additional restoration and the overall outcome was a success.