This facility came online in 1950 as a primary treatment quarantine unit. It is a one and a half million gallon wastewater tank that is used as part of the Secondary Treatment plan.
The second stage of the wastewater treatment is a biological process. This process takes place in the aeration tanks. There are 4 aeration tanks, each with a capacity of 1.5 million gallons. The work will consist of Hydro-demo for the removal of the top floor slab, and Injection of urethane grout on floors and walls to contain leakage.Epoxy injection will be used on the perimeter wall cracks for structural repairs.
Tanks PSI 1&4 will be getting new inlet pipe lining.Tank PSI 1 will have removal of existing clarifier arm and new arm is being built.New slab topping to be poured; 7800 sq ft of concrete to be replaced